Topic: Out for a morning drive in the 40.

RAK402    -- 12-07-2022 @ 1:04 PM
  First photo: Ford sitting across the street, ready to go on a beautiful Fall day.

Second Photo: Mike and Genae of the Early Ford Store in San Dimas, CA. Both were infinitely patient with me over a period of several years (I asked a great many questions). Many of the parts on the car came from the Early Ford Store. In the past I had purchased parts from Mike's late dad, both here and at C.W. Moss in Orange, CA.

Third Photo: Mike again, this time with some old, fat guy.

efv8CofAAdmin    -- 12-07-2022 @ 4:02 PM
  What it is all about -- getting out and enjoying.
Glad you had a great day. And as you have shown, always nice to thank those that helped along the way.

Web Administrator

1940 Tom    -- 12-09-2022 @ 7:45 AM
  Good morning - Happy Friday--

A BEAUTIFUL job!

Makes all your hard work over the past months, and the hours of research time, well worth it.

How many "High 5s" and "Thumbs Up" have you received so far while out for a drive? Probably lost count.

As a fellow 40 Fordor owner, my congratulations on owning a gorgeous piece of history.

I'd send you a picture of my Sedan, but you already have it. Take a look at the back cover of "It's Ford For 40". The black Fordor Sedan shown on it, is mine.

Happy Holidays.

Tom

trjford8    -- 12-09-2022 @ 7:47 AM
  Just like the old Willie Nelson song "On the Road Again". Your story of the restoration was an incentive to many to keep on working on their projects. Very valuable information for those who are in the process and I checked in every day to see the progress. Thanks

kubes40    -- 12-09-2022 @ 4:12 PM
  Don't be so darn humble 1940Tom... yours is without question the nicest Fordor I'd ever witnessed

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

RAK402    -- 12-21-2022 @ 5:25 PM
  1940 Tom,

Thank you again for your kind words sir (sorry to be so slow to reply).

I didn't realize that was your 1940 Ford Deluxe Sedan in Mike's book-I studied those photographs and used them as the standard toward which I was working when restoring my own sedan.

I agree with Mike-your Sedan is absolutely gorgeous and the nicest one I have ever seen (even though I have only seen it in photos).

You have one absolutely beautiful automobile sir.

Happy Holidays to you and yours, and thank you again!

trjford8,

Thank you for the kind words too! They are greatly appreciated.

This message was edited by RAK402 on 12-21-22 @ 5:29 PM

1940 Tom    -- 12-22-2022 @ 9:04 AM
  Well, we now have another beautiful 40 Fordor to add to the ranks.

I felt honored, and continue to feel honored, that Mike asked for my assistance with "It's Ford for '40". Between his excellent knowledge, hard work, and the photos of my Sedan, we have an excellent research tool.

Let's not forget all the other research sources that Mike outlined in the Acknowledgements page of the book (page VI). Immeasurable help by many toward the finished product.

Best wishes to all for a very Merry Christmas and Happy 2023.

Tom

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=16128