Topic: 1940 pickup

Eagleone    -- 04-07-2021 @ 12:35 PM
  Purchased 40 pickup and wondered if anyone knew of a illustrated parts/assembly manual on the market as my pickup was disassembled by previous owner. Thanks.

kubes40    -- 04-07-2021 @ 3:22 PM
  Gosh, I'm not aware of any illustrated book or similar that would be of much help.

There's not a ton of parts to a pickup and most should be pretty much a common sense approach.
I'd restored a very high point 1/2T two years ago and have a lot of photos of the process. I'd be willing to help as you need it while in process.
Also, the chassis is nearly identical to the passenger car of the same year. This club offers a '40 book that I am confident would be a huge help for the chassis, engine, etc. Even the front clip...

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

Eagleone    -- 04-07-2021 @ 3:58 PM
  Thanks for the kind reply,as im confident on putting it back together but not sure how many small crutial items that are missing.Hood latching mechanism,front clip mtg etc.Now that car shows are starting to be allowed again hoping to visit with some 1940 people and take some pictures of certain areas.Hoping im welcomed as my car that i show now is 55 chevy.Anxious to start sorting out the pickup and its flathead.

kubes40    -- 04-07-2021 @ 5:06 PM
  Gosh, of course you are welcome.
Hopefully, when you are ready, I can help with details.
If I am unable, there certainly are others on here at least as knowledgeable as me - probably more so.
Attached is one photo of your hood latching mechanism.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

This message was edited by kubes40 on 4-7-21 @ 5:08 PM

JayChicago    -- 04-08-2021 @ 6:04 AM
  You should have your location shown in your profile. Maybe someone in your local area would volunteer to help.

Eagleone    -- 04-08-2021 @ 2:49 PM
  Im in western nebraska.i am new here so didnt realize i could have location in profile

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=14739