Topic: 1940Ford Tudor Jack Tag

kenburke    -- 01-04-2020 @ 3:22 PM
  Where would the jack (safety) instruction tag be located?

kubes40    -- 01-04-2020 @ 4:07 PM
  I had only found a couple of factory photographs that depicted that tag (location). Left side, hanging from the hinge.
Keep in mind that factory photos were not always the "reality" of things as they were occasionally staged.
Regardless, I'd never found anything else that even remotely suggested a prescribed location.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

This message was edited by kubes40 on 1-4-20 @ 4:09 PM

kubes40    -- 01-11-2020 @ 8:15 AM
  Ken,
A friend of mine, Terry, shared a 1939 document that stated the tag was fastened to the jack when the tool kit was made. Like Terry, neither of us found any documents that changed this method for 1940 nor 1941.
My experience was a couple of factory photos which I will admit are not always accurately representing the "real world" and a few extremely well preserved vehicles I'd owned.
I suppose this only muddies the proverbial waters more. Sorry for that...

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

ronford    -- 01-13-2020 @ 6:25 PM
  I have a very original 1940 Ford Deluxe Business coupe that has what appears to be the original Jack Tag hanging by a wire on the left trunk hinge. Some time ago I read the way to tell an original Jack Tag from a reproduction but I can not recall the details now.
I think the difference possibly had something to do with the Form Number.
Ron Phillips

kubes40    -- 01-14-2020 @ 6:56 AM
  Interesting Ron. Thank you.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

std1940    -- 01-14-2020 @ 3:10 PM
  Mike in the previous to your 1940 book the trunk picture shows tag on left hinge.
That is where I hang mine.
Tom.

kubes40    -- 01-14-2020 @ 5:05 PM
  Tom,
Perhaps I should have been clearer in all of responses within this thread. From my personal experience with extremely well preserved '40 Fords, I have found the tag hanging at the left trunk lid hinge.
Terry, the fellow I'd mentioned in a previous thread, has knowledge that simply amazes me. I am grateful and fortunate that he is willing to share.
Terry had located a document that clearly stated the tag was to be attached to the jack. Keep in mind that document was released and intended for 1939.
So, the question that may come to your mind (it comes to mine) here is: "Did that instruction continue through '40"?
Neither he nor myself has yet to come upon a document that changed that instruction in later years. However, that doesn't preclude the possibility that the location was not changed.
It seems that the tags in '40 were in fact placed on the left hinge. All of them?

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=13495