Topic: Unity Lights

sarahcecelia    -- 09-05-2019 @ 7:37 AM
  My unity lights aren't working.They did a while back, as wired, with ignition switch on, but I never have used them.

Questions:
One connection has power to it when the ignition switch is on. Can someone please tell me the destinations of the other (4)? When I turn the switch to the first position, the heater fan runs, and the next position it runs, but at a slower speed. The bulb in the knob housing is good, but doesn't light up in any of the positions. The little resistor wires on the switch all look good. Maybe some one can put up a wiring diagram of the switch, or tell me, in rotation, the destinations of the wires that go on the switch?

I'm completely baffled, and as this was an accessory, it isn't on the car wiring diagram.

Regards, Steve Lee

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 09-05-2019 @ 8:18 AM
  HI Steve Lee
I think you have a under dash accessory switch, if I am reading this post correctly,.
I think the switch is not grounded to make the bulb light in switch ?
run a separate ground wire to directly to the switch and see what happens,
either that or the switch is not working inside
maybe connections needs to be cleaned,
dirty from sitting ?
hope this helps 37 Ragtopman

TomO    -- 09-05-2019 @ 8:52 AM
  Steve, I don't understand what you need. You say that your Unity lights don't work and then describe heater action.

Tom

sarahcecelia    -- 09-06-2019 @ 4:51 AM
  Yeah Tom, I thought that was the unity switch, but I think I had a brain fa*t! the switch runs the heater fan, and thus can't be for my unity lights! I'm going to look at the situation again and try to find the unity lights switch!!

Does any body with a 1940 have them? Could you tell me where their switch is located, and what type it is? I.E. toggle, rotating , pull, etc.

Regards, Steve Lee

40 Coupe    -- 09-07-2019 @ 5:25 AM
  Very much like the dimmer for the dash lights it is mounted to the left of the steering wheel on the bottom edge of the dash under the starter button.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=13199