Topic: 40 window ecthing

thunder road    -- 03-03-2019 @ 10:09 AM
  I know that we have touched on this subject before but since I recently had to trade my 1940 Deluxe coupe, and a pile of money, in order to get the original 41 Willis coupe, that I had been chasing for ten years, I am now in the market for another original 1940 Ford coupe. So I would like to know when sitting in a correct 1940 Ford, looking out thru the front windshields , should the etching be towards the inside / center of the car, or towards the outside of the car? Same for the two divided rear windows , is it towards the inside/ center of the car or towards the outside. I am convinced that one should rear properly from the outside of the car, and the other side should read backwards from outside the car. Domenic

Domenic

This message was edited by thunder road on 3-3-19 @ 10:10 AM

kubes40    -- 03-03-2019 @ 11:31 AM
  On a coupe, the left side of the car has glass that you would read properly from the inside of the vehicle. The right side would read properly from the outside of the vehicle.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

thunder road    -- 03-03-2019 @ 2:03 PM
  Mike that's great to know and is now in my notes. Do you know the positioning of where placed on the windshield, and rear windows on a coupe?Domenic

Domenic

kubes40    -- 03-03-2019 @ 2:51 PM
  Windshield is on lower - outer corner(s) as are the rear windshields, lower - outer corner(s).
Drake sells templates that are very good.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

thunder road    -- 03-04-2019 @ 6:08 AM
  Mike as always thank you very much! Any day that I can learn something new about a 1940 Ford is a great day. Once you know a lot about all the details, and you see a really correct car it takes your breath away and you can look at it for hours and not be bored . Domenic

Domenic

This message was edited by thunder road on 3-4-19 @ 6:09 AM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=12725