Topic: TomO comes threw again

thunder road    -- 06-20-2018 @ 6:23 AM
  My search for a 1940 Ford split bench seat brought me to an old add from the “Early Ford V-8 Club Forum” dated Jan-17-09. I can not believe that TomO was just as active back in 2009 as 2018. I responded to the add which had a phone number even though the add was 9 plus years old. Two days later I got a call back from Jim who happens to be the president of the Early Ford V-8 Club in Florida, and was able to purchase the seat, for $100. Goes to show that you should follow up on an add even if it’s old. The seat is in excellent condition because it’s spent the last 30 years in Jim’s attic. Had I not responded to the add when I did, I would have missed on it because Jim now has a buyer for the house. Also had TomO not takin the time to ask Jim to look for the metal ID tag which was still intact I would never have gotten the 1940 split bench seat. Thank you very much TomO you came threw again.

Domenic

Domenic

sarahcecelia    -- 07-30-2018 @ 1:06 PM
  Domenic, I know this is pickey, but it is "Through," not "threw." " Threw is, "I threw the ball. "You want, "This goes through that hole." Some people here even write my car needs new BREAKS. Why, isn't it broken enough! What stops a car are the BRAKES. You get a "break" when you stop work for a few minutes for coffee. Sometimes using the right words may make someone fully understand the problem that they want advise on. I know I'm "breaking" you chops, but in a good humor way! Put the "brakes" on and Laugh!!

Regards, Steve Lee

ford38v8    -- 07-30-2018 @ 2:26 PM
  Sarah, while some may consider your admonishment to Domenic to be humorous, I don't think Domenic is laughing. We come here for Ford advice, not for English lessons.

Alan

kubes40    -- 07-30-2018 @ 3:11 PM
  And Steve, the proper word you were searching for and apparently did not find is "ADVICE", not "advise".
And "breaking you chops..." "you", um, how about "your"?

Mike "Kube" Kubarth

TomO    -- 07-31-2018 @ 7:22 AM
  Guys, Thanks for the laughs. I was bitten hard by a spell checker years ago, I was writing a business plan for the Foundation and the spell checker automatically changed the spelling of a Trustee's name. I sent out the draft by E-Mail and immediately was chastised for the spelling error.

I still have to re-read my posts several times, because my fingers hit the wrong keys regularly and sometime hit multiple keys or in the wrong sequence. I still miss some of the spelling errors.

Alan is 100% correct, the only reason to criticize someone is to correct inappropriate posts. I hope that we are all friends on this Forum and can treat each other as we would like to be treated.

Tom

thunder road    -- 08-02-2018 @ 6:37 AM
  Hey guy's thanks for the spelling correction. Right now I am sort of retired , me and my dad had a flooring business for 35 years. I still own the building that we worked the business out of in Tarrytown NY which has four apartments, above a 2000 sq. ft. store. I also own a three family home, which I live in ten miles away in Croton-on-Hudson NY. When you deal with apartments you can't sweat the small stuff. Here in Westchester NY you need approx..$ 2, 000 dollars a month of pre- taxed money just to keep an average one family home," without a mortgage" . This is before you eat, or drive a car etc.. You are either a doctor , or a lawyer or a landlord. I have one guy living in the Tarrytown building who worked for GM in Tarrytown who has been living their in the building since 1975 .That's 43 year's in a month to month apt. He told me that GM was making 500 cars a day.

Domenic

This message was edited by thunder road on 8-4-18 @ 8:20 AM

sarahcecelia    -- 08-11-2018 @ 10:27 AM
  How do you know he isn't laughing? Ah, Got that Crystal Ball out again? If other's think it's humorous, where's your sense of humor? Laugh a little It's good for you!

Regards, Steve Lee

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=12033