Topic: 40 VIN success

thunder road    -- 03-30-2018 @ 9:45 AM
  Here’s a picture of my 1940 Ford VIN with the corrected prefix. Thanks for all your help, Happy Easter!

Domenic

39 Ken    -- 03-31-2018 @ 4:53 AM
  Good job. How about a play by play at the NYMVD after you spoke with "Richard".

thunder road    -- 03-31-2018 @ 2:08 PM
  Hey 39 Ken, after speaking with Richard on Wed. March 27th.he told me that he would check over all the pictures that I had sent him, of my vin., and other "1940 vin. examples" I had taken off the internet from other car's so he could see what 1940 ford vin.'s should look like.
I explained to him that the star, and the" 18", and the" -", where held straight together in a gang and stamped together. Then it appears that the sequential actual vin. was stamped one number at a time, and then another star at the end. I sent him the Vanpelt's paper's and the paper's from Dan krehbiel from Temecula, CA. He also asked for my user name and password in the Early Ford V-8 club. I believe that after he saw how serious the people in the Early Ford V-8 club where about preservation, and correctness, he was convinced that I was not trying to do anything illegal . On good Friday I called and asked Richard he was going to be working, incase The supervisor at my local DMV needed to call him and he said yes and they did call to speak to him. Now I just have to re-prime, and paint the area that I had to strip so I could get a good picture of my vin on the frame. Then call Hagerty to get corrected insurance cards, and lastly put on my corrected original Vin. number on my windshield.

Domenic

This message was edited by thunder road on 4-3-18 @ 5:55 AM

39 Ken    -- 04-05-2018 @ 4:21 AM
  Hi Domenic, Thanks for the "play by play".
Go's to show that patience and persistence
along with finding the right guy gets the job done.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=11787