Topic: 1932 Fordor body and chassis dimensions

briantlewis@hotmail.com    -- 06-25-2016 @ 6:51 PM
  I would appreciate assistance!

I am trying to source where to locate the cab/body and chassis measurements for a 1932 Fordor sedan so I can compare with a 1934 Fordor cab/body. This will assist me in choosing which vehicle I will use for my Hot Rod project. I need the same details for the 1934 Fordor as well.

Regards
Brian Lewis (Australia)

CharlieStephens    -- 06-25-2016 @ 10:04 PM
  Start with the frame details here:

http://wescottsauto.com/WebCatalog/Tech/FrameDiagram1932.pdf
http://wescottsauto.com/WebCatalog/Tech/FrameDiagram1933-34.pdf

Be sure to note the '33-'34 has a longer wheelbase.

Charlie Stephens

This message was edited by CharlieStephens on 6-26-16 @ 12:17 AM

CharlieStephens    -- 06-25-2016 @ 11:04 PM
  "The 1932 Ford Book" put out by the Early Ford V8 Club has dimensions for the '32 4 door on page A-5-7. I assume the '33-'34 book put out by the club would have the dimensions for the '34. I know I have seen those dimensions somewhere else, I will sleep on it and post again if I remember anything. UPDATE: I think trjford8 posted where I remember seeing this information in his 6/28 post.

Charlie Stephens

This message was edited by CharlieStephens on 6-28-16 @ 7:43 PM

briantlewis@hotmail.com    -- 06-28-2016 @ 12:47 AM
  Thanks Charlie for your helpful information.

I have had a problem accessing the site but with a bit of perseverance from Bruce Nelson the Web Administrator I have manager to connect.

Thanks to you I now have the chassis dimensions for both cars. However the bodies, in particular the cab dimensions are still proving a little elusive.

Do you know if it's possible to view "The 1932 Ford Book" electronically? Also can it be purchased in the digital format? As the postage to Australia is more than the books. Disc would be a more reasonable purchase once I know which vehicle I'm going with for the project.

Thanks Again.

Regards
Brian Lewis

This message was edited by briantlewis@hotmail.com on 6-28-16 @ 12:58 AM

trjford8    -- 06-28-2016 @ 1:39 PM
  The V-8 Album put out by the Early Ford V-8 Club has those dimensions. Call the Early Ford V-8 Foundation and you can buy the book. Not sure on price( I think about $30), but it is on their website. Well worth the price www.fordv8foundation.org.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 6-28-16 @ 1:40 PM

briantlewis@hotmail.com    -- 06-29-2016 @ 1:55 AM
  Thanks for that trjford8. I will try and find it on line. I am currently am looking at;

The Early Ford V8
As Henry Built It
A Production Facts Book 1932-1938

Does anyone know if it covers Body measurements (in particular the dimensions of the Fordor Cabs 32-34)
Regards
Brian Lewis (Australia)

CharlieStephens    -- 06-29-2016 @ 10:29 AM
  Brian,

It is an excellent book (The Early Ford V8 As Henry Built It, A Production Facts Book, 1932-1938) but does not contain the information you need.

Charlie Stephens

briantlewis@hotmail.com    -- 07-01-2016 @ 12:14 AM
  Hi again tjford8,

I have not been successful as to be able to see "The V8 Album" in the Early Ford V8 foundation book store listing.
It is probably my inability to navigate the system correctly. Do you know of a know of another direct way in, so I can purchase this addition?

Regards
Brian Lewis (Australia)

This message was edited by briantlewis@hotmail.com on 7-1-16 @ 12:16 AM

trjford8    -- 07-01-2016 @ 10:01 AM
  Brian, go to the Foundation website and scroll down to where you see "Contact us". You will see an e-mail address and a phone # for the Foundation director, Josh Conrad. He's very responsive to both methods of contact.

CharlieStephens    -- 07-01-2016 @ 11:33 AM
  Try searching here, at fordbarn.com, at ahooga.com and HAMB for "The V8 Album". Include the "" so you get only hits with all the words. Be sure to check alternate spellings
"V 8" or " V-8" since people may list it differently. Be sure to call on the old ads because if they still have the book they will probably drop the price. Also ask if anyone has one that the could read you the information you need.

Charlie Stephens

3w2    -- 07-04-2016 @ 9:23 PM
  Unfortunately, none of the V-8 Club's books nor the DeAngelis/Francis book are available in digital form. Overseas postage costs have become a serious cost deterrent to acquiring books published in the U.S. One cost savings idea Club members in Australia and New Zealand have been using has been to combine orders as three books cost the same to mail as one.

briantlewis@hotmail.com    -- 07-21-2016 @ 6:09 PM
  Hi All

I have hopefully located the books I require to assist me with my choice of Ford model to build a hotrod. Macs in the US say the V8 Album is on back order and should be shipped to me around the 18th of August along with a CD and two other books all within $5 of the shipping price of one book.

Thanks for all your advice

Regards
Brian Lewis (Australia)

briantlewis@hotmail.com    -- 08-24-2016 @ 12:48 AM
  Hi All

I received the back copy of the "The V8 Album" yesterday and after reading it, I have decided to choose either a 33 or 34 Fordor as my project. I feel that the best way to achieve the car I want is to buy a project already started, so if anyone knows of a 33/34 Fordor all steel relatively rust free project preferably with all the parts avaliable, I would be interested to hear.

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Regards
Brian (Australia)

briantlewis@hotmail.com    -- 11-14-2016 @ 1:34 AM
  Hi All

I have purchased an all steel 1933 Fordor sedan and I am searching for a new dashboard that is from a right hand drive car. I would appreciate any assistance in locating one.

Regards
Brian (Australia)

This message was edited by briantlewis@hotmail.com on 11-14-16 @ 1:35 AM

3w2    -- 11-15-2016 @ 10:42 AM
  With respect, there was only one dash/instrument panel stamping for both LHD and RHD passenger cars during the '33 model year as the instrument panel insert and the glove box are interchangeable side to side. The only difference in the two complete dash assemblies was the location of the bracket for the lamp illuminating the instruments (gauges) which is a pretty easy task to relocate from one side to the other. Perhaps you are thinking a '34 model dash where the instrument panel is integral with the rest of the dash which required unique LHD and RHD stampings.

briantlewis@hotmail.com    -- 07-06-2017 @ 10:29 PM
  Thanks 3W2

I have had my 33 Fordor since Easter.

I can see what you mean re the dash swap over (glad its not a 34)!

I will have all the modifications completed by October so I can satisfy the Queensland Transport Dept. that will allow me to have open registration.

Thanks again

Regards
Brian Lewis
Queensland Australia

This message was edited by briantlewis@hotmail.com on 7-6-17 @ 10:33 PM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=19&Topic=9814