Topic: 1932 tudor sedan

donnicoli    -- 02-13-2016 @ 1:37 PM
  just noticing differences in 1932 tudor sedan bodies, are there two body styles?
-one with suicide doors and smaller rear side window - model B? four cylinder only?
-one with larger rear side window and different molding around rear window - model 18? four cylinder or v8?
new to 1932
Thanks,
Don

trjford8    -- 02-13-2016 @ 5:25 PM
  Don there's only one body on the tudor. The one with the smaller rear side window is the 32 Victoria. It has the "bustle back" style rear panel. Then there is the B-400 which is the Victoria style body with a convertible top. This one is a very rare body style. None of these body styles have suicide doors. There are some foreign 32 Ford bodies that do have suicide doors. The only American made body that had suicide front doors in 32 was the 3 window coupe.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 2-13-16 @ 5:28 PM

3w2    -- 02-13-2016 @ 6:55 PM
  If you think in terms of Ford as an international company, which it was starting in 1904, then there were two different '32 Tudor sedans as you describe and shown below. The first is the North American version and the second is the European version. Neither was limited to either a four or V8 cylinder engine.

Strictly speaking, the European version was known by its British name, i.e. "saloon" rather than "sedan"

This message was edited by 3w2 on 2-13-16 @ 6:59 PM

3w2    -- 02-13-2016 @ 6:57 PM
  Sorry, this site's one photo limitation cut off the photo of the North American '32 Tudor sedan.

donnicoli    -- 02-14-2016 @ 5:57 PM
  OK those are the two different models I have been seeing.
Does the European saloon model have the same wheel base as the north American model?
Or does the European saloon model have a shorter body?
Where is the difference in the length of the rear side window made up?
Do all the saloon models have suicide doors?
Are there many saloon models in the States?
Thanks so much, I thought my vision or recall was really messed up when I looked at the two types!
Don

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=19&Topic=9382