Topic: Little Dearborn Ford Parts

nelsb01    -- 08-09-2016 @ 8:15 AM
  After what seems like so many decades, Little Dearborn Ford Parts in Minneapolis MN will be closing its doors sometime early next year.
According to the owner, the building has been sold, and there will be an auction of parts.
Dates are not known at this time.
So, if you are still looking for that original Ford part -- for your Model T, Model A, Early V-8, mid 50's -- now would be the time to contact them. Lots of mechanical parts. Sheet metal also.
www.littledearborn.com

MG    -- 08-09-2016 @ 4:00 PM
  What a shame!

37 Coupe    -- 08-09-2016 @ 5:41 PM
  I bought great NOS Genuine parts from what I think was the original owner of Little Dearborn starting in 1971. Remember a brand new in unopened box roof mount antennae for '46 Ford and Genuine Ford cowl mount mirrors,none were reproduced at that time.

nelsb01    -- 08-09-2016 @ 5:46 PM
  If you were ever allowed to tour around in the building, it was like walking behind the parts counter at the local Ford Dealer -- 1958.
You never know -- they still have great stuff.

ford38v8    -- 08-09-2016 @ 7:59 PM
  I did that, and was amazed at the stuff. Shelves to the roof with fenders, doors, glass, hoods, everything NOS that I can remember.

Another place that's amazing, not nearly as big, but judging from the extremely modest front, then going in the back, Wow! Baxter Ford in Lawrence, KS. has got to be the biggest surprise you'll have for a while!

Alan

nelsb01    -- 08-10-2016 @ 7:20 PM
  Someone from CA on 'the ford barn' says that they are 'down sizing'. Yes, sort of. One of the owners is keeping the re-production side of the business. But the high end items (fenders, signs, gas pumps, other sheet metal, bins, etc) will go to auction.
So, the building is still sold. And there is tooooooooooooooo much to move, so you do the math.

Again, if you are looking for anything, now is the time to check it out.

woodiewagon46    -- 08-11-2016 @ 7:12 AM
  Man, Job-Lot closed last year along with several other places, now Little Dearborn is closing. What the heck is happening to the hobby. I know we are all getting older and not many people are building old Fords now a days but when will it end.

trjford8    -- 08-11-2016 @ 7:35 AM
  It appears the problem is twofold; The people in the hobby are aging and the people who own the businesses are aging and want to retire. In addition the younger people are into later model cars. I'm also seeing antique stores closing the doors as the younger generations are not "collectors".

woodiewagon46    -- 08-11-2016 @ 8:46 AM
  I guess your right about owners aging. I was in Job Lot about a week or two before they closed and the guy's were saying that during the '70s and '80s the place was mobbed on saturday. Nowadays there wouldn't be a dozen customers. The land (Queens, NY) was worth more than the business, so the owners retired.

MG    -- 08-11-2016 @ 5:13 PM
  Selling on the Internet has a lot to do with it as well....

37 Coupe    -- 08-12-2016 @ 8:01 AM
  Little Dearborn owners at least the ones in 2003-4 were selling on the internet. I had contacted them about a couple parts for a '39 I was restoring and was told they had everything I needed but I would have to go to Ebay and join the bidding to obtain them. Actually this was the reason I registered on Ebay and the first items I ever bought on it.

nelsb01    -- 09-01-2016 @ 7:30 PM
  The official first auction has been announced.
Check it out at www.littledearbornparts.com

Here is how you get to see what is in the first auction -- signs books and PARTS!!
Enter the site -- and then click on Click Here for Online Bidding --- dont worry you dont have to register 538 items --- some have already placed bids.

This message was edited by nelsb01 on 9-7-16 @ 8:48 PM

nelsb01    -- 09-07-2016 @ 8:50 PM
  updated information.............see previous

Ritzy1    -- 09-25-2016 @ 7:32 AM
  I was in there last week while traveling on business. They said that although they are having an auction, it is just to clear out the dusty old stuff. The guy behind the counter said that they were moving to a smaller location.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9974