Topic: 1941 Business Ccoupe Technical Specs

jehn    -- 04-25-2016 @ 5:01 AM
  Where can I find technical specification document for -41 Business Coupe. The most important for me is to get the total weight and the load weight. I need it for the registration.

This message was edited by jehn on 4-25-16 @ 5:03 AM

TomO    -- 04-25-2016 @ 7:02 AM
  Here is a link to a specifications chart. I don't know if it includes the information that you need or if your licensing authority will accept it.

http://classiccardatabase.com/prewar-models/car-models-F.php

Tom

jehn    -- 04-25-2016 @ 8:28 AM
  Thank you Tom but I didn´t found that information there.

joe b    -- 04-25-2016 @ 9:56 AM
  According to TomO's link it's there.: 1941 11A coupe:2878 lb. DeLuxe Coupe: 2953 lb.

jehn    -- 04-26-2016 @ 2:09 AM
  Yes, thank You joe b, I got the total weight, but I also need the load weight to get the inspecting man satisfied.

TomO    -- 04-26-2016 @ 7:30 AM
  I have never seen the loaded weight published for a passenger vehicle, only for commercial vehicles.

I suggest that you get in touch with one of the Regional Groups in your area of the world, to find out what other's have done to register their car. The Regional Group contact information is accessed from the home page of this site.

Tom

42wagon    -- 04-26-2016 @ 7:58 AM
  It would be helpful to others to know what state you are trying to register this car in. Also are you using some sort of generic form that asks for the loaded weight since the form is also used for commercial vehicles?

joe b    -- 04-26-2016 @ 2:36 PM
  jehn. I also am not sure what they mean by "load weight." I have registered my '41 Coupe in 3 states: Ca.,N.H. and Oh. This never came up. Would like to get the answer when you find out.

CharlieStephens    -- 04-26-2016 @ 2:56 PM
  Ask your DMV what they want in the load? Gas, Water , Oil, driver? And as others have said it would be easier if we knew in general where you are located.

Charlie Stephens

len47merc    -- 04-26-2016 @ 3:10 PM
  Don't forget beer Charlie...

Steve

jehn    -- 04-27-2016 @ 2:57 AM
  I am living in Sweden and have imported the car from US.
There has been discussion with the Swedish inspection company about how much they can accept to load in the car. They say a total of 150 kg, two persons or gods together, not more.
That´s why I tried to get factory informations about load weight.
I can tell that I have another -41 Coupe with opera rear seats and that car has an accepted load weight of 330 kg.
It´s not easy to talk with persons in authority but I am trying again.
Thanks all for your trying to help.

joe b    -- 04-27-2016 @ 7:06 AM
  Ahhh. Out of the U.S. That makes sense now.Thanks

TomO    -- 04-27-2016 @ 8:15 AM
  My Roster shows another 41 Coupe in Sweden, so I would contact the RG and see how the other Coupe was registered. I am reluctant to provide personal information in this very public forum.

The 1941 Coupe was designated as a 3 passenger vehicle in the US. The trunk could carry enough luggage for long trips. The suspension and load carrying capabilities were the same with or without the jump seats.

Tom

jehn    -- 04-27-2016 @ 10:47 AM
  I respect your reluctance about providing personal information Tom.
I am still working on to convince the swedish bureaucracy

jehn    -- 05-27-2016 @ 8:07 AM
  I still have the problem with my Swedish registration of my US imported 1941 Bus Coupe
To get a solution I need to have a Ford factory documentation of the total weight of the vehicle.
I can´t get this in Sweden so I have to be in touch with the Ford factory in US to get that document.
Anybody how know to do? I am thanksful for all help.

woodiewagon46    -- 05-27-2016 @ 12:18 PM
  Jehn, I checked every Ford book I have and nowhere can I find an answer to your question. I don't know if Ford even published such information. I thought they might list a load weight for the Station Wagon, but I don't see that ether. There are many books with weights of the specific body types but to get factory Ford documentation, as you ask, is going to be tough. I thought registering a car in NY was tough. I'll keep looking.

TomO    -- 05-28-2016 @ 7:50 AM
  Jehn,

Did you contact the Swedish Regional Group for help?

Here is a link to the Ford Archives at the Henry Ford.

https://www.thehenryford.org/collections-and-research/digital-resources/research-databases/

If that information is available anywhere it would be in the Archives.

Tom

jehn    -- 05-29-2016 @ 12:37 AM
  Yes Tom, I tried with the Swedish Regional Group but they where not able to help me in tis case.
I think the only way to get help is in the US.
The licensing authority says that I must present a Ford factory document with the total weight.

TomO    -- 05-30-2016 @ 8:23 AM
  Jehn

In my opinion, you have reached the most unreasonable person in the licensing bureau. I cannot give you much hope in finding a document that gives the loaded weight of a 41 Ford Coupe.

I hope that the Archives will be able to help you or send you a letter that will be accepted by your license agent.

Tom

jehn    -- 05-30-2016 @ 12:42 PM
  Yes Tom, I hope that the arcive will help me to get the document.

CharlieStephens    -- 05-30-2016 @ 12:47 PM
  How about a letter to the archives requisition the information or confirming that it is not available. When they send the letter back stating it is not available could you take that letter to your group doing the registration and request a waiver?

Charlie Stephens

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9611