Topic: '36 Grille and radiator

rogbell    -- 11-24-2015 @ 1:50 PM
  I want to remove the grille on my '36 coupe so that I can then remove the radiator to have it cleaned, but it appears that some of the screws are only accessible if the radiator is removed first. Is this correct or can I do it in the order stated? Preferred so that I don't damage the radiator by banging it against the fan.

Grant    -- 11-25-2015 @ 7:46 AM
  It's a time consuming knuckle skinner kind of job, but all the grille fasteners should come undone for you.

We took our '36's rad out that way, using lots of PB Blaster first as a penetrant.

Photos were taken during the job. If you would like to provide an email address, I can forward them for your review. Or send a PM if you prefer.

rogbell    -- 11-25-2015 @ 9:47 AM
  Grant, I sent you a pm. Thanks for responding.

36Flatback    -- 11-29-2015 @ 6:46 PM
  I was looking at that job in the spring, Car is up for the winter now. Could you send me some photos via e-mail? I looked at it in the fall and you are correct about it being a knuckle skinner of a job. If you can I would appreciate it. My e-mail is cfd_car3@yahoo.com (there is an underscore between cfd and car3 )

Dave C.

Grant    -- 11-30-2015 @ 5:20 PM
  Photos with a brief explanation have been forwarded by email to Roger and Dave.

I've saved the message and would be pleased to pass it on to anyone else who is interested.

BobWatts    -- 12-02-2015 @ 2:10 PM
  I would love to see the removal information you have. I just had a Christmas miracle and a 36 my Dad's had for years started easily after a long hibernation. This got me motivated to try and figure out the overheating problem it's always had.
Thanks!
rjthemanwatts@gmail.com

Son of a Henry fan who's trying to work on his 29-Pick up,30-Coupe,32-Roadster,34-Cabriolet,36-5 window and 40 Hot Rod.

pinnsky    -- 12-02-2015 @ 5:56 PM
  Grant
Would you please forward the email and photos to:
Pinnsky@sbcglobal.net
The timing couldn't have been better.
Thanks Tom

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=9166