Topic: Joe's Antique Auto Parts Got Me Good

drfrankenklein    -- 09-22-2014 @ 7:05 PM
  Purchased a large order of parts from Joe's Antique Auto Parts in Uxbridge Ma. I payed the extra money and was promised higher grade Raybestos parts for my brake job on my old 39 Flat head Ford Coupe. When the ordered was received one part was higher grade USA made part by Raybestos the rest of the parts were the cheap made in China garbage. Long story goes, Joe himself was selling me these items taking my order and telling me about the problems with the cheap wheel cylinders from China and not to buy them and to purchaser the Raybestos higher grade one for the cost of more $, so I went with the high grade Raybestos ones. Then what he sent me was same items he said were having the problems and were the less expensive ones, W T H? All items that I received were repackaged in plastic baggies with part numbers in black magic marker on baggie and smelling of brake fluid when opened. Most likely are returns from someone else having problems. I was told that these are what Raybestos shipped to Joe??? That not true as I called and spoke to sales person at Raybestos. I was told their wheel cylinders are made in USA and only carry rebuild kits for the certain ones that I was needing. Also was told how parts are packaged and shipped, not in plastic baggies but in boxes and actual cylinder wrapped in a plastic type wrapper.. I will no longer purchase from Joe's Antique Auto parts and if I want cheap China made parts I will just have to buy from Mac's from now on and get a much better deal and pay honestly what the parts are worth along with various discounts at times. Figured I would have dealt with a good reputable store as I read about Joe's being a straight shooter. Not in my book thats for sure. Hope he enjoys the money he scammed from me.
Joe's Antique Auto Parts rip off, Doc

This message was edited by drfrankenklein on 9-22-14 @ 7:28 PM

ford38v8    -- 09-22-2014 @ 8:34 PM
  So now that you've dissed the man on the World~Wide~Web, and probably also on the phone, you'll expect him to bend over and apologize for the mistake. Good luck on that.

Alan

42oink    -- 09-24-2014 @ 7:23 AM
  "what we have here is a failure to communicate..." I've met Joe and dealt with him in the past. Don't think he would intentionally screw or mislead you. I've even gotten parts from D. Carpenter in Made in China bags. So good luck with Mac's. Maybe a call to Joe and explanation is in order. Just my two cents.

ken ct.    -- 09-24-2014 @ 8:57 AM
  Joe is realy a nice guy to deal with , im sure he will make it right for you . ken ct.

trjford8    -- 09-24-2014 @ 9:10 AM
  I see no mention in your post that you contacted Joe after receiving the parts. Why not try to resolve the problem with him before castigating him on the web? It's possible that someone in the shipping department made the mistake and Joe knows nothing about it. Many times these dealers don't have al the stock on hand so they call another dealer to help fill the order. The other dealer may have sent the stuff to the shipping department and it was immediately sent to you without being checked.
Go back to Joe and try to resolve the problem. Then post here how if it was was resolved and how it was resolved. 42oink points out that his is a clear case of failure to communicate.

JM    -- 09-24-2014 @ 10:20 AM
  IMO, It's always better to work out something like this directly with the other party rather than blasting them on a website forum. Plus, I have always heard good things about Joe from most everyone who has dealt with him. It's also doubtful in my mind that you will turn many folks who read this against Joe.

Fordbarn thread on same subject... http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150385

John

This message was edited by JM on 9-25-14 @ 7:07 AM

TonyM    -- 09-24-2014 @ 10:29 AM
  Never had a problem with Joe's. I've dealt with him a bunch of times. Always good service.

78-73B

ken ct.    -- 09-24-2014 @ 1:13 PM
  Maybe we should dissect his name "Dr Frankenklein" 1 post in a yr since joining in 2013.Could be someones cruel kind of joke.Joe will not be hurt by this.He's an upstanding dealer small but honest. ken ct.

This message was edited by ken ct. on 9-24-14 @ 1:15 PM

Steves46    -- 09-24-2014 @ 1:35 PM
  Joe is about as good as it gets and it's a crying shame that someone has to stoop this low to post that nonsense. Lamb basting an individual on a public forum such as this is not the way to go about resolving problems. This thread needs to be yanked!

This message was edited by Steves46 on 9-24-14 @ 1:36 PM

39topless    -- 09-24-2014 @ 4:20 PM
  Amazing. You can't post the word scr*per on this forum because it contains the word "cr*p" and yet they allow this?

lazy69ranch    -- 09-24-2014 @ 5:07 PM
  While we all understand the frustration of not receiving what we ordered, too often people are quick to resort to conspiracy theories, lawyers and in this case public defamation without first making a reasonable effort to allow the vendor to make it right with them. Joe wouldn't be in business this long nor have the evident support of members here if this was his mode of operation. I'm proud to be associated with all that have stepped up here to provide some parental guidance where it was apparently needed.

David J    -- 09-24-2014 @ 5:08 PM
  If this place has someone that controls the lever the toilet needs flushing .

murphy 1941    -- 09-27-2014 @ 8:56 PM
  Joe is one of the best. At any time each one obf us might find some bad parts , if so take the time and call Joe he will immediately straighten out the problem, but you MUST give him the opportunity. It's happen to me and the problem was resolved quickly. Murphy 41 John

Early Super Deluxe 41 Coupe

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7753