Topic: Need 35 Shock Advice

tan35coupe    -- 07-24-2014 @ 4:01 AM
  One of the front shocks on my '35 is leaking. I checked all the early Ford suppliers that I am aware of, and ony one offered replacements (Sacremento). Placed an order, but it was cancelled. Was told the item is not available and was given no backorder option.

Questions:

1. Does anyone else sell new or rebuilt original style shocks?
2. Anyone have any experience with Apple Hydraulics for rebuilding? Are there any other rebuilders?
3. Should I just give up and get the new strut style?

Thanks,

Bob

39 Ken    -- 07-24-2014 @ 5:21 AM
  Here is the man to go to for
shock rebuild.He does excellant
work and he stands behind it.
You'll be happy with his quality and service.
BILL WZOREK
71 Cardinal Way
Florence Ma. 01062

(413) 586-5324

len47merc    -- 07-24-2014 @ 6:00 AM
  Quite unfortunately Bill Wzorek has contracted ALS (Lou Gherig's Disease) and has suspended his existing and all new business pending a hopeful recovery while working with his physicians. Bill's hands and arms are numb and he recently (within the last month) communicated with me and others his health problems and suspension of personal activities. Bill stated if and when he is able to address the existing business his plans are to clear the backlog and then make a determination of whether he will proceed with new business. He has understandably not been answering his phone, voice and e-mails for the last few weeks.

I was working with him on a rebuild of a shock for a '47 Merc and was about to ship when his announcement came out. Conditions and timing both required that I send the shock to Apple Hydraulics for the rebuild and, although my strong preference would have been for Bill to provide the service, I am pleased with the results produced by Apple.

Personal plans are to wait on a hopeful positive outcome and recovery for Bill and then work with him on the balance of the shocks for the Merc. If this does not work out I am comfortable in working with Apple on my future shock rebuilds.

Steve

This message was edited by len47merc on 7-24-14 @ 12:44 PM

tan35coupe    -- 07-24-2014 @ 6:14 AM
  After reading that last post, all of a sudden my problems with shocks seem pretty insignificant.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for Mr. Wzorek.

Thanks,

Bob

JM    -- 07-24-2014 @ 10:02 AM
  I have had several complete sets of '35 shocks (front & rear) rebuilt by Bill Wzorek in the past. Considering his present unfortunate situation, my secondary source for rebuild now would be Apple Hydraulics, but I have had no personal experience with them. I would definitely not recommend M&S if they are even still in business.

John

This message was edited by JM on 7-24-14 @ 10:04 AM

joe b    -- 07-24-2014 @ 11:09 AM
  I had Apple Hydraulics rebuild the shocks on my '41 10 years ago. They are still leak free. Check them every year and have not added any fluid. I would send them there since Bill Wzorek is out of commission.
Sad news about him.

39 Ken    -- 07-25-2014 @ 4:03 AM
  I'm very sorry to hear of Bill's condition.
Prayers for a full recovery.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7539