Topic: Old Rusties in a field

Drbrown    -- 04-16-2014 @ 3:59 PM
  I am not familiar with old Fords, or even if these are Fords, but I was Driving the back roads in Adirondack Mtns in eastern NY and passed this field of rusted rear end assemblies, frames, body parts and assorted wheel rims. Check out that partial body with the steering column, motor, four-bladed fan and horn. Someone must be able to resurrect some of this.

supereal    -- 04-16-2014 @ 4:35 PM
  It appears to be the remnants of a Model TT truck. The gear set under the steering wheel was common in the very early Fords, as was the worm gear rear axle. Out here, in. Iowa, seeing these rusty hulks was very common until the scr*p drives of WWII brought them out of hiding. My family farm had what we called "the iron pile" before the war. When a vehicle reached the end of its useful life, it was repurposed into hayracks or other farm use, and the rest went to the pile, which on our farm was quite large. The fact that any remain
Is a tribute to the rudimentary engineering of the day.

ford38v8    -- 04-16-2014 @ 4:41 PM
  These are euphemistically known as "Yard Art". I think most of us have some, mine are confined to my bone yard. The wife demands that I keep the gate closed as she considers the Color of Rust to be a bit too close to nature.

Alan

supereal    -- 04-16-2014 @ 7:11 PM
  It appears to be the remnants of a Model TT truck. The gear set under the steering wheel was common in the very early Fords, as was the worm gear rear axle. Out here, in. Iowa, seeing these rusty hulks was very common until the scr*p drives of WWII brought them out of hiding. My family farm had what we called "the iron pile" before the war. When a vehicle reached the end of its useful life, it was repurposed into hayracks or other farm use, and the rest went to the pile, which on our farm was quite large. The fact that any remain
Is a tribute to the rudimentary engineering of the day.

Drbrown    -- 04-17-2014 @ 8:53 AM
  Looked closer at enlargements and see the radiator laid flat in front of the up-right cab truck. It looks like the open-frame model truck has a 1956 NY State plate on it and has its engine too. I also see two car differentials in background with 1930's style wire rims.

trjford8    -- 04-17-2014 @ 5:59 PM
  The barbed wire on the seat springs is probably worth a few bucks to a barbed wire collector.

BERTHA    -- 04-18-2014 @ 6:01 PM
  Grieners 'Dream' Yard Rt8 Town of Ohio Adirondack State Park.
DW's family from Poland NY right down the road.
"Bertha", our 53 was bought new in Newport NY.

Bob

"it's only original once""

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7233