Topic: 34 Deluxe Tudor Interior Questions

rbone    -- 04-15-2014 @ 12:57 PM
  The good news is that I just finished getting the top installed last week. I had the aluminum strips bent by Marc Mitch*ll in CA and then black anodized here locally. Pre-stretching the material in a frame made all of the difference. I took lots of pictures if someone wants to see them.

Now, moving on... First, tt is not clear to me if my car should have the assist straps that screw into the door posts. My car is a later 34 deluxe tudor with the inside door handles in the middle of the door. I know that particular model does not use door pulls, but the 33/34 book is not clear about the assist straps. They were not included in my LeBaron Bonney kit. Were they part of the original interior?

Second - the pictures in the 33/34 book do not show gear shift and emergency brake boots. Were these only accessories or original on some cars?

Last question - I want to replace the vacuum wiper with an electric one. Is there one that bolts up directly without having to make modifications to the header?

Thanks in advance,
Ron

This message was edited by rbone on 4-15-14 @ 1:02 PM

trjford8    -- 04-15-2014 @ 6:00 PM
  To my knowledge your car should have the assist straps.LB shows assist straps for the 32-36 cars in their catalog. In regards to the electric wiper go to this website; www.pacificwesterndesign.com. If you want to rebuild your vacuum wiper you can send it to Kent Jaquith, 2633 SW Obsidian Ave. #15, Redmond, Oregon 97756. Once he rebuilds them they work as good as an electric.

ford38v8    -- 04-15-2014 @ 9:25 PM
  Ron, I'll second the recommendation for Kent Jaquith to rebuild your wipers. Price is reasonasble, quality is great, and you enjoy the pride of originality.

On the shift boot, they weren't available until 1939, standard on Mercury, accessory on Ford. I can't answer as to the boots for hand brakes.

Alan

rbone    -- 04-16-2014 @ 8:48 AM
  Thanks as always. What is Kent's phone number, website? I would rather use the vacuum if possible.

Ron

ford38v8    -- 04-16-2014 @ 9:00 AM
  Kent Jaquith, 2633 SW Obsidian # 15, Redmond, Oregon (541) 923-4319
Clean-Sweep Windshield Wiper Motor Service, Sales and Rebuilding

Alan

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7230