Topic: Need info on 48 Ford tudor sedan streetrod

ricklove    -- 04-15-2014 @ 9:36 AM
  Recently bought a black 48 Ford tudor sedan street rod and am trying to find any previous owners or history about the car. I purchased the car from Juan Ruiz of Affordable Classics Inc. near Portland OR. The previous owner's name was Glenn Frank Lowe (Juan can't locate the guy). I believe that at some point (2007 ??), "Ray" ??? sold the car to Glenn Lowe. In April 2001, a ZZ4 engine was purchased from Jim Pace Pontiac by a David Varley from Sims NC. The car seems to be a fairly nice build, but I am trying to find any additional info about the history of the car. It also has an OR title that I believe that the 1st number of the VIN had been transposed from an 8 to a B. I've already asked the OR DMV to look into when/where/how that may have happened. They said it would take about a week. Once I get the info from them, I'll also ask if they can help track down previous owners. Certainly appreciate any help or info that anyone here can give. Many thanks!!!!

WOW 48

trjford8    -- 04-16-2014 @ 8:28 AM
  If the dealer bought the car from an individual wouldn't the dealer have an address and or phone # for the prior owner? Most of the classic car dealers I know in Oregon can give you the history and the prior owners of the cars they sell.

ricklove    -- 04-17-2014 @ 11:52 AM
  Due to privacy laws enacted MANY years ago, dealers can no longer do this without the permission of the previous owner. Evidently the guy has moved & changed his phone (??) because my dealer hasn't been able to contact him. The previous owner address on the title is now another home owner.

WOW 48

This message was edited by ricklove on 4-17-14 @ 11:54 AM

Drbrown    -- 04-17-2014 @ 9:37 PM
  Here's Varley. His full name is Willard (Dave) David Varley, now about age 67, living in Sims NC; found no address or phone; Was there in April 2013. Had something to do with Wilson County government in 2012 - call them.
Google is amazing.

What state did Glenn Frank Lowe live in ? We'll find him.

This message was edited by Drbrown on 4-17-14 @ 9:41 PM

Drbrown    -- 04-18-2014 @ 9:23 PM
  Glenn Frank Lowe in 1965 graduated from School of Business Administration at University of Oregon. If same person, Glenn Frank Lowe married Donna Marie Marx
on 15 Jul 2006 in Clackamas County, Oregon. Think he's doing marketing in Seattle now (Linkedin)

CharlieStephens    -- 04-18-2014 @ 10:10 PM
  Send the person a letter and hope that he filed a forwarding address form with the post office.

Charlie Stephens

ricklove    -- 04-20-2014 @ 7:47 AM
  Many thanks for all the info. I know that this be a long process, but I gotta start somewhere.

WOW 48

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7228