Topic: 1935 radio

Ron Grassi    -- 10-28-2016 @ 3:07 PM
  I've recently acquired a nice '35 Phaeton; this is my first posting, i.e. a question or two about the radio. Off the right side of the radio there are 4 wires: 1 goes to the head controlling the on/off; the 2nd goes to the head controlling the station selection knob; the third I suspect is the power cord. The 4th is a thin wire for the light bulb behind the head. Back to the suspected power cord: it's about 6" and comes out of the right side (in line with the on/off and station selector cables) and ends with a sort of female cup maybe 1/4" deep. I see no way this end connects to anything (hanging off the resister or from the battery)although I would suspect there should be a male counter-part about 4" long which connects to the resister on the fire-wall, possibly a snap on/off arrangement. I've checked about 5 parts catalogues, no clue. So, does the power cord come off the Right side, and how does it connect and to what? Thanks, Ron

nelsb01    -- 10-28-2016 @ 5:51 PM
  Ron,
I believe you have only one part of the fuse connector wire. The radio was on its own fused circuit.

The Club's 1935-1936 Book gives some information on radios.

Ron Grassi    -- 10-29-2016 @ 8:42 AM
  Thanks Nelsbo: so I think I know the wire I'm missing and I'm searching for it--I'm advised it contains a fuse and the proper male end to meet up with the wire and female end coming from the radio.: I still have a question about your reply: if I find the missing wire which has it's own fuse, does that equate to your reply that the wire "has its own fused circuit"? or do I still need to add a separate circuit? (this is probably a dumb question but I'm real weak on wiring and electrical stuff). Like do I add another resistor or whatever to the firewall? Thanks. Ron

nelsb01    -- 10-29-2016 @ 1:13 PM
  Once you find the missing wire with the connector, that will be the only fuse you will have for the radio.
I believe the non-fused end of the missing wire will connect to the hot side of the ignition -- but, this I am not sure of.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=10208