Topic: Cowl Inner Kick Panels

kenburke    -- 09-01-2015 @ 12:04 PM
  Hi Mike, I am looking at L&B catalogue and sample sheet they sent me. I think the correct panel board sheet sample is "PBSB". If not so, would you know? The next sample would be possible, PB17BR, a darker brown than PBSB. They sell the retainers in two ways, stainless & paintable. Are they painted in that interior brown for a Deluxe or ???? I understand from a previous post the correct length is less than what they offer. Thanks Ken

kubes40    -- 09-01-2015 @ 6:45 PM
  Ken, I do not have samples you note of Lebaron's boards so can't tell you which is closer to the authentic. The last stuff I got from them was labeled PB25M and was as close as I feel a guy could acquire. Perhaps call LB and ask Wendie what she sold me last for a '40 coupe.
The kick panel boards had embossed lines in them, about ten per inch. That's something, if you are as "crazy" as me, you'll need to "install yourself. You won't find the proper cardboard with the embossed lines.
I've seen the repop retainers and i suppose if that's all that's available, they are "okay". The bend is (in my opinion) rather crude compared to the real McCoy's.
And yes, you'll need to trim them to the proper length.
Interior "brown" is correct...
Hope this helps.
Mike

kenburke    -- 09-02-2015 @ 11:23 AM
  Hi Mike, that # PB25M is on my sample sheet. It appears to be more like a darker Benton grey color versus interior brown or the door fabric. So does that track for a Deluxe. I was looking at a recent photo of your new green car front floor area and the kick panel appears as a softer brown. Thanks Ken

kubes40    -- 09-02-2015 @ 6:31 PM
  Ken,
Rest assured the panels as well as the board I use on my package trays is all PB25M.
My photography skills (the definite lack thereof)makes the panels appear darker in the photograph than in reality.
A photographer I am certainly not.
Kind regards,
Mike

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=8923