Topic: widow regulators

shogun1940    -- 07-30-2015 @ 1:09 AM
  In a 40 ford are all the window regulators the same?? I need one for a convertible.

kubes40    -- 07-30-2015 @ 6:08 AM
  Convertibles are unique - very different from all other body styles. There have been a few offered recently on eBay, NOS but pricey. In fact, currently there is a right side at $200, eBay #331432943144. Another guy has either the left or right side (your choice) at $299. Outrageous in my opinion. eBay #221834936823.
Drake repops them but I have no clue as to their quality.
Mike "Kube" Kubarth

This message was edited by kubes40 on 7-30-15 @ 6:14 AM

len47merc    -- 07-30-2015 @ 10:15 AM
  Also suggest you give 'Regulator Roy' a call - easily found via Google search. Though not as knowledgeable on the details as Mike he does have a wealth of information as well as inventory.

Steve

kubes40    -- 07-30-2015 @ 10:55 AM
  "regroy" is the guy on eBay that has them for $299 each. He has the parts and is apparently darn proud of them. Might be a reason they have been relisted time and time again???

len47merc    -- 07-30-2015 @ 5:30 PM
  Have to agree with you Mike - was not aware this was the same individual. With all due respect to 'Regulator Roy', he was able to supply me with a NOS regulator for a '47 that was very reasonably priced a couple of years back. I ultimately ended up not using it as the original was able to be fully restored so I've a rear passenger side spare now but he was able to help me with knowledge and inventory. He was not aware the Mercurys vs. the Fords for my year in question had different gear ratios (Mercury has a lower gear ratio and requires slightly more turns to raise the window, making it easier and smoother) as well as slightly different constructions on the regulators - something I stumbled on and was able to help him with. (EDIT - have you found a similar variance on the '40 Fords vs. Mercs?)

Sounds like, from your comments, he knows (or is assuming) the '40 convertible regs are much more rare and is standing proud on that knowledge.

Steve

This message was edited by len47merc on 7-30-15 @ 5:35 PM

shogun1940    -- 08-03-2015 @ 5:42 AM
  well I want to thank you guys,, i just ordered the one on ebay,, hopefully it is what is advertised,, it looks like the one that i have been fixing. the window will not go up far enogh to meet the top of the vent window.. i took out the stops

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=8809