Topic: Bolt to front brace /frame to fender apron

kenburke    -- 11-20-2014 @ 1:34 PM
  Hi Mike, What is the correct answer for the bolt and its other parts (washers, etc.) to the secure the brace 91A-16067 to the front fender aprons??? And what color, since aprons were the color of the car and brace black?. Thanks Ken

kubes40    -- 11-21-2014 @ 6:58 AM
  Hi Ken, Are you asking exactly WHAT fasteners were utilized or their respective finishes were?
The brace was always black, regardless of body color. The fasteners: The bolt, flat washer and slotted head nut were S2, raven black. The spring remained in its natural finish, similar to a gun bluing effect. The cotter pin was plain steel. There was an anti-squeak pad placed between the frame and the brace. It was similar to duck cloth, available at any fabric store and was "off-white".
The inner fender panels were gloss black regardless of body color.
I hope this answers your question. If not, let me know please.

Warm regards,
Mike Kubarth

kenburke    -- 11-21-2014 @ 1:32 PM
  Well both, sort of. You have provided answers to more than I asked. Good job & thanks. Being more precise. I am doubting very seriously that what is on my car for the fasteners at the fender panels are correct. So is the slotted nut for a cotter? The bolt, 1/2 or 7/16, standard thread bolt? The items at the frame cross over brace I already have from Roy N. So its the bolts thru the fender panels that I am confused about. What I have works but is it correct? Don't think so.

kubes40    -- 11-21-2014 @ 2:25 PM
  Sorry Ken... what I had described was the fasteners at the center of that brace.
The ones on each 'end" of that brace are all S2 - raven black. 5/16" hex head bolts, hex head nuts, lock washers and a piece of anti-squeak material between the brace and fender pan.

kenburke    -- 11-22-2014 @ 9:48 AM
  Got it. Thanks for the info and the picture. Ken

compac    -- 12-11-2014 @ 9:23 PM
  kubes is that a bleeder on the side of the pump?????
yup i know that he,ll ever gave th3e answer these topics to helpful for every one?

adil

This message was edited by compac on 12-11-14 @ 9:23 PM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=14&Topic=7935