News & Events
[ CLOSE ]The 1952-53 Ford Book NOW AVAILABLE
Two volume set
March 28, 2013
Now Available to order!
ANNOUNCING THE RELEASE OF THE 1952 - 53 FORD BOOK. A two volume set is now available for you to purchase.
On the 60th Anniversary of the 1953 Ford, The Early Ford V-8 Club is pleased to announce the publication of THE 1952 - 53 FORD BOOK.
This detailed two-volume 488 page book on the 1952 - 53 Ford Passenger Cars and Station Wagons provides a variety of informaion important to the authentic restoration of these vehicles. This book covers the exterior, interior, chassis, engine compartment and accessorites associated with the 1952 and 1953 model years. Other chapters and appendices cover special vehicles, Australian and Canadian models, service bulletins, and installation instructions.
Order today from the Early Ford V-8 Club webpage Online Store. $49.95 plus $4.75 shipping and handling for softbound. $79.95 plus $5.75 shipping and handling for hardbound.
OR order via mail. Make checks payable to: Early Ford V-8 Club
Early Ford V-8 Club
c/o Dave Rasmussen
1116 Austin Way
Napa, California 94558
[ VIEW ]REGIONAL GROUP ANNIVERSARIES CELEBRATED IN 2013
Regional Goups set to celebrate!
January 06, 2013
Anniversary Recognition Committee
CONGRATULATIONS "2013" R.G. CHARTER ANNIVERSARIES !!
- RG#1, Golden Gate Charter (Aug 8, 2013)
- RG#9, Mid-Williamette (Jan. 21, 2013)
- RG#10, Columbia River (June 2, 2013)
- RG#11, Southern California (April 30, 2013)
- RG#12, Battle Born (July 7, 2013)
- RG#13, Virginia (Dec. 1, 2013)
- RG#54, Cornhusker (Feb. 4, 2013)
- RG#55, Kansas City (April 29, 2013)
- RG#56, Indiana (April 29, 2013)
- RG#57, Cascade (June 10, 2013)
- RG#58, EFV-8 Club of Sweden (June 10, 2013)
- RG#59, Mohawk Valley (June 10, 2013)
- RG#61, Southern Arizona (June 10, 2013)
- RG#64, Oklahoma City (Aug. 11.2013)
- RG#65, Gem State (Dec. 10, 2013)
- RG#97, Volunteer (Feb. 5, 2013)
- RG#120, Vancouver Fraser Valley (Mar.18, 2013)
- RG#121, Capital City (June 10, 2013)
- RG#135, Atascadero (May 6, 2013)
- RG#136, Danish (Oct. 18, 2013)
- RG#151, Victoria (Jan. 17, 2013)
- RG#161, Lookout Mountain (Nov. 1, 2013)
- RG#168, Alcovy Valley (Aug. 2, 2013)
[ VIEW ]2013 Golden Jubilee Registration Forms Now Available
December 20, 2012
2013 Golden Jubliee Registration Forms
The 2013 Golden Jubilee 50th Anniversary Grand National Meet forms are now available on the website.
You can open the forms and fill in your information by moving your cursor, then save to your PC, print and mail in with payment for events. Or you can just print the forms and write in your information and mail in with payment for events.
[ VIEW ]Golden Jubilee Schedule Announced
December 01, 2012The Golden Jubilee - 50th Anniversary Grand National Meet schedule is now available to view. Check under UPCOMING EVENTS, National/Int'l Meets from left column on main page. Early registration form also available.
Golden Jubilee - 50th Anniversary Grand National Meet Schedule
[ VIEW ]50th Anniversary Clothing Order Form - Early Ford V-8 Club
November 01, 2012
50th Anniversary Clothing Order Form (11-2012)
Use this order form to get your Early Ford V-8 Club 50th Anniversary Clothing !!
Related Documents: 50_th_Anniversary_Clothing_Order_Form_updated_120212.pdf
[ VIEW ]Judging Changes for Rouge Class - effective in 2012
From the Judging Standards Committee
February 08, 2012
Judging Changes for Rouge Class - effective in 2012
Early Ford V-8 Club of America Judging Standards Committee
Judging Changes Effective in 2012
There are some changes I would like you to consider relative to the Rouge Class. First off, because of the brief nature of the Rouge judging form, (if you haven’t seen it, there are 3 yes/no questions) there is no place for the car owner to sign the sheet. This has led to car owners being ignored during the judging process and many times not knowing their car had been judged until they returned from their own judging duties. The owner is then blindsided at the awards banquet when he finds his car failed to meet with the judge’s approval of originality in one or more of the categories when the award is announced. In my opinion this is unjust.
This was passed. The Judges will now be required to speak to the owner of Rouge entries as they are now required to speak to other Concourse judged entries. The Rouge judging form will be changed to include a space for the owner to sign the form after consultation with the deputy.
Another issue is drivability. The newest Rouge cars will be 58 years old in 2012. Because of the brittle nature of some of the original wiring, I would like to propose some consideration for replacing old wiring that has lost its insulation.
This change to the Rouge Class for “Allowable Replacement Parts” was approved. The Judging Manual will be updated and incorporated into the printed version in the Roster. A statement that the “Minimum amount of wiring be replaced to ensure dependable operation and drivability is allowed.” will accompany this. This is intended to discourage wholesale changing of all wiring and looms. The JSC Secretary will change the Rouge Judging form.
Chairman, Judging Standards Committee
[ VIEW ]Advertise your Regional Group with EFV8CA Magnetic Signs!
Get attention when out driving your V-8 !!!
January 02, 2010EFV8CA MAGNETIC SIGNS
A few months back, Director Bob York got the idea to publicize our car club(s) when out and about on the road. $20 per set, including S&H. Such a deal! Several Regional Groups have ordered these beautiful magnetic signs to use when touring. They are 9" Diameter. High Quality and won't hurt your paint.
Version 1: Features a dark blue border where you can imprint your personalized text in White on the blue background.
Version 2: Features a white border where you can imprint your personalized text in Red on the white background.
GREAT IDEA BOB. Contact:
EFV8CA Vice President, Bob York,
PO Box 130, Lavon, TX 75166, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
[ VIEW ]FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
June 30, 2009
CLASSIFIED RULES: Users agree to these rules when using the Classifieds.
- Restrictions: No commercial, business or Ebay ads please.
- POSTING AN AD: You need to be Logged In to post a Classified Ad. If you are not a member, you will need to Create a New User Name and Password first. Enter website and on the Home Page in the masthead area at the top of the page go to SITE LOGIN area and click on "Create a New Account" . A menu form "Create your Login Credentials" will pop up and you will need to complete the blanks and hit submit. Classified Ad Posting: To place a Classified Ad, you log on to the website and on the Home Page, in the left-hand Menu column, click on "Classified." The Classified Ad page will pop up. In the upper right-hand corner there is a link "Submit An Ad." Click on this link to submit a Classified Ad for sale or wanted. "Submit a Classified Ad" form will come up on the screen. Fill in the blanks. Be sure to select FOR SALE or WANTED, and also Automobiles, Memorabilia, Parts, or Tools and hit Submit to Preview. After Preview, hit Submit again and your ad will go to the Website Administrators for review and approval. Approval is usually within 24 hours.
- CAN I DELETE MY AD AFTER THE SALE? You can go to the "Classifieds" and at the top you will see a tab to Manage Existing Ads. Click on that and make the changes you want.
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR AN AD TO BE POSTED? It usually takes from a couple of hours to 24 hours. We are notified, then review and approve the ads as appropriate. This has dramatically cut down on the spam and porn that was being posted on our previous software.
- HOW DO WE PREVENT SCAMMERS: Unfortunately, we cannot stop the scammers sending us strange or "bogus" offers. Everyone needs to be careful in dealing with incoming offers to make sure the buyer is legitmate. Be careful not to deal with anyone that seems suspicious, especially if they are from a foreign country offering more than your ad asks . . . and wanting you to send money back to them! Be careful.
Thank you. If you have any questions, contact the Website Administrator. See the bottom of the Home Page.
FORUM RULES: Users agree to these Rules when using Forum.
The site administrator reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the user agreement without prior notice to the user. It is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the terms of this agreement.
The user agrees to the following terms:
- All information that you provide to us for your membership is correct.
- You will not use your membership to spam, harrass, or exploit other members in any way.
- Vulgar, Abusive, Racist and Sexist Language will not be tolerated.
- Commercial-type sales postings will not be allowed.
- No mass posting or flooding of the boards is allowed.
- No Advertising of parts or cars; no Ebay or business/commercial ads (please use the "Classified" for ads Wanted or For Sale).
- VIEWING MULTIPLE TOPICS ON SCREEN: You can choose to see more than 10 Topics at a time ... Log In and choose "Preferences" from the top bar on the Forum page. Scroll down and Change the "Default Topics Returned" parameter to 25 or 50, and save the changes. Since this setting is stored in your browser 'cookies' (if enabled), it seems to use that stored value even if you are not logged in. So, if you use a PC that you haven't logged into the forum from, the setting still seem to remain at the default.
- EXTERNAL PHOTO LINKS ON FORUM: You can still use external photo links in your posts on the new forum. They follow the rules of any link in that they have to have the URL link qualified down to the full image file name (example: .jpg). The links will open in a new browser window, the same as an uploaded image attached to a post. Since an image attachment to any post does not display inline with the post, the results are the same. You can use multiple external links within a post. This link is from photos on a site from Don Clink's 'Deuce@75' albums:
Using links from photo sites such as Photobucket can help in "size" issue with uploaded attachment files. For best viewing in web browsers, photos should be around the 800x600 pixel range, and probably not more than 1024x768. Most cameras today store HUGE jpg image files, as the default settings are in the 7, 8, 10, and 12Mb image sizes. The image files that are then attached are very large, and the browser can't display the full image size without using the scroll bars. Use the re-sizing functions of your photo editing software to reduce the image to 800x600, which reduces the file sixe and the image load time in the browser. Don uses Google's free Picassa3 software, which is an excellent photo management product. All of the photo albums of the Deuce, Grand National, and Auburn that are links on the NORG site were built using Picassa's web creation functions. And it's free? (THANKS to Don Clink for the info!)
- HOW DO I SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS ALONG WITH MY USERNAME? You can LogIn on the Forum, and select PREFERENCES. On this page Members can add optional information such as their City,State, Country; Occupation; Hobbies: list a Homepage; list AOL Instant Messanger Handle; Signature; "Make Email Address viewable to others;" and even change the number of Default Topics shown on a page. WHEN others click on your profile, they will see this information.
LOGIN TO WEBSITE: How do I login to site? Answer: Enter the website @ www.earlyfordv8.org. On the Home Page look at the top of the page where it says "SITE LOGIN: Username: __________ Password: ___________. Enter your Username and Password and then click on the ">" tab to the right of "password." IF YOU ARE A FIRST-TIME USER of this newly redesigned (10-1-09) website, click on "Create a New Account" in the masthed and fill in the blanks. Follow the prompts and Login.
LOGIN TO WEBSITE NOT WORKING: Site is not recognizing my Username/Password?A.
If you already have a "Membership" username and password, and are attempting to login using those value, please know that they will not grant you access to the advanced features of this website. Those credentials may be used only to login to the "Renew/Updaqte Membership" area of our site, since membership information is maintained on a system separate from our main website.
To gain access to features such as the ability to post topics in our forum or to place classified ads, you must create a new account. You may do so using the same Username and Password as with your "Membership" account; our system will let you know if those credentials are no longer available. If so, you will need to establish a unique username/password combo for website access.
MEMBERSHIP LOGIN: How do I login to the Membership area to join, renew or update? Answer: The EFV8CA website and the Membership area operate using two different Login systems. You MUST register in both areas to be able to utilize the services. You may end up with two diferent User Names and Passwords. Try to use the same for both; however, there are no guarantees that someone else might have already used your favorite password or user name.
- EFV8CA WEBSITE REGISTRATION: Click on Create a New Account" at the top of the Home Page and follow the prompts.
- MEMBERSHIP/CORNERSTONE REGISTRATION: Click on either the yellow box in the masthead "Become an EFV8 Club Member today" or click on the Menu in the left margin of the Home Page "Renew/Update Membership." Select the appropriate choice to join and follow the prompts.
MEMBERSHIP EXPIRATION: WHEN does my membership expire? Answer. Membership in the Early Ford V-8 Club is on a cycle. If you join in July, your membership is not due until the following July. The easiest way to tell when your membership expires is the label on the envelope that your V-8 Times is delivered in. Right on the label is your membership expiration date. You may also 'email us' at email@example.com about your membership renewal date. You will receive an E-mail answer in a short time.
NEARBY V-8ers: HOW do I find other V-8'ers or Regional Groups in my area? Answer. Go to the REGIONAL GROUP DIRECTORY tab in the Main Menu of this website and click. Lookup RG's by state/city. Also, as a member you will receive a Membership Roster with the March/April V-8 TIMES. This Roster lists all members in alphabetical order, by state, including their address, city/state, phone number and type of vehicle (unless they opt out of being listed). It also lists Regional Groups, their address, city/state, contact and phone number. We list the National Officers, Directors, International Representatives, V-8 Club Committee & Staff and past club Presidents. Along with all this information you also get the club By-Laws, Judging Manual and the V8 Times Index of Articles.
NATIONAL MEETS: WHEN and WHERE are the NATIONAL MEETS? Answer. Traditionally, the Early Ford V-8 Club of America has three National Meets each year: Eastern, Central and Western. Every five years, one Grand National Meet is held. Although it has been held in one or more places, Dearborn, Michigan seems to be the most popular. The next one will be the 50th Anniversary of the Early Ford V-8 Club and is scheduled for 2013. The exact date is yet to be determined. You will find the most up-to-date information on the club website in EVENTS. Just click on the menu tab to find out more.
V-8 MODELS & PARTS: I'm looking for a specific model V-8 and parts. Where do I find them? Answer. The V-8 TIMES classifieds, the club Website classifieds, Regional Group members, and Swap Meets and the Internet always have a lead for cars and parts. The advertisers in the V-8 TIMES also specialize in your specific needs. Also check out the Vendors and Friends page located in the Links on the club website. You can also place a Classified Ad in the website for your specific requirements. You can also search our Car Information section, click on Car Codes section of the website to see the various models. Hemmings Motor News magazine is also always a good starting place to look for cars and parts . . . even Ebay online.
V-8 RESTORATION: I've got a question about my V8 Restoration. Who do I contact? Answer. If you're in a Regional Group, that's the first place to start. The Cub does have Technical Advisors for specific model years as listed in the V-8 TIMES and also on the Website under "STAFF." Send your question to the Editor and note which advisor you would like to contact. Also, visit the Forum on the website and post your question to the membership. You will get results. One of the items that can be used are the club written books. You will find a list of them in the V8 TIMES and on the website ON LINE STORE. Check out the On Line Store on the website for a complete list of books with cover photos and descriptions and pricing.
V-8 TIMES SEARCHABLE INDEX: How do I find a specific article by keyword or topic? Answer: Go to V-8 TIMES section in the Main Menu. Then click on Searchable Index. Type in the key words or topic you are looking for and the article information will pop up. NOT the article, but the information about where it was published: which V-8 Times issue and the date.
Then you can check your own library or ask in the Forum specifically if anyone has that V-8 TIMES issue. You might even be able to buy a back issue from the OnLine Store if it is still available. You would need to write to the firstname.lastname@example.org to ask.